Sunday, July 31, 2005

More examples

Today was really about getting my entry for the 'long exposures' challenge, but its also given me the chance to continue practicing the 'experimental' images.

The first of my experiments was to put the main target on the left hand edge of the frame. I think this works because of the complementary sunflower heads which fill the rest of the image.

The second is really an experiment for the long exposure which didn't really work too well. My objective was to use the strobe effect on the EX550 flash and to capture the formation of the 'crown' through 10 or 12 stages. Unfortunately I couldn't get the effect I wanted, and this single image is not a long exposure;-)


The third is avertical pan taken in the redwoods which surround one of the lakes in the Peak District National Park. I really like the colouration in this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Neil said...

Good work. I like the sunflowers and the vertical pan very much. The motion blur shots are indeed about color. I have some new ones to post, but I thought I'd wait a day to let people catch up to my last post.

Nice work.

10:47 pm  
Blogger ursula said...

I think your first picture is very good, well done, excellent composition, great colours.

The second us OK, but not quite right. It almost looks like a pencil drawing.

The third picture, the colours are nice, I would love a fabric with that kind of colour/pattern. But as for being a photo by itself, IMVHO it doesn't really work. I think you could use stuff like this as part of something else (for example, a poster where you have a variety of picts, or a background for something). But that's just my opinion :)

12:39 am  
Blogger glad2badad said...

Hey - I like all of them! Maybe I'm not critical enough, but you are providing some inspiration to work these even a little bit harder. Thanks for posting, and congrats on some cool results!!!

4:39 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home