Thursday, July 28, 2005

Breaking Rule #2 continued: Keep the center of interest is in sharp focus

I think I've learnt something looking at all our attempts to break rule 2. The main subject, I'll call this the 'primary target' cannot be too far out of focus, otherwise the viewers eye discards it as not applicable. Also the 'secondary target' which is sharp must be a very minor element which the eye can skip over. Now - I tried to rework another version of my Foolow Lane image with these principles in mind. What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger Wyatt said...

This one works even better than the color version, IMO, to show that the road is the subject. I actually like the color version, but now that you've put up the comparison, it seems that the bright colors draw so much attention that the OOF subject is de-emphasized all the more.

Also, the perspective and crop changes help.

6:23 pm  
Blogger glad2badad said...

The color version is MUCH stronger IMO. This one feels kind of flat, perhaps a little dreary.

3:36 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home