Saturday, July 30, 2005

Day off

I've not done much with the FP stuff today. I was concentrating on 'long exposures' but nothing really went right so I'm still without an entry for that challenge.

Ursula mentioned in the main thread that we should try and record what we have learned so far. Thats a good idea so here goes ...

With the rule about main subject and focus, as I said earlier, I think its really important for the main subject not to be too far out of focus, and for the secondary, sharply focussed element to be small enough for the eye to skip over. Also the main element has to have some strength in the graphical or compositional form in order to pull the eye through.

Rule of thirds. Yes well I know my brain is fixated with this rule, I really don't know when I'm using it. I'm going to have to practice very very hard to be able to 'see' without this rule kicking in.

Lightmeter. Well I've never done high key stuff before, and I did enjoy this. What did I learn?
Well I found it easier to choose subjects which would naturally recede into the white background. Knowing that the over-exposure would lose the lighter elements made me look at the subjects and the way I set up the lighting. Quite different to my normal setups.

Oh yes and the motion rule - I'm not too sure about a good 'use case' for this, but I'm going to try one or two more experiments over the next dew days. Watch this space.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home