Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Breaking Rule #2: Keep the center of interest is in sharp focus

Now this is really going to be difficult for me, I really don't like the main subject being out of focus. But I managed to get out for an hour this evening into my favourite Peak District National Park.

The first image is a fly fisherman casting his line, but I've deliberately made the stone wall sharp whilst just being able to make out the fisherman. If you look closely you can see the line being flicked out.

The second and by far my favourite is a winding lane near a village called Foolow. Taken from the ridge above the lane. I made a space in the yellow ragwort to allow the eye to get through to the lane, and then I hope follow the lane off into the distance.

2 Comments:

Blogger glad2badad said...

That was a great idea making a hole in the ragwort to see the road! That really adds a lot to this image.

3:38 am  
Blogger ursula said...

I'm having a lot of trouble with this concept. If the centre of interest is not in focus, but something else is, is it still the centre of interest? Or does the centre of interest shift? Or what?

8:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home